Gardener insurance, simplified.
Why do I need a gardener insurance policy?
A a gardener, accommodating your clients’ needs (and schedules!) is part of the job. You need insurance coverage that’s there just when you need it, whether that’s five minutes before a last-minute booking or months in advance.
The General Liability insurance arranged by Thimble is designed to respond to incidents involving bodily injury and property damage. For example:
You are remulching a client’s front garden and leave a bag of mulch in the front walkway. As the client is leaving, they stumble over the bag and sprain their ankle.
While working at a client’s home, the ladder you are using to install window boxes above the driveway falls onto their car and cracks the windshield.
How much does small business insurance for gardeners cost?
The cost of your Gardener Insurance Policy depends on a few factors. Things like your zip code, your coverage limit, the size of your team, and the length of your coverage all play a factor in determining the risk that comes with insuring your gardening business.
With Thimble, you don’t have to commit to long, expensive policies, though. You can access flexible gardener insurance through the Thimble app and customize your coverage down to the month, day, or hour. Plus, if you need to add Additional Insureds, you can tack them on to your coverage with Thimble at no extra cost.
To get an accurate idea of how much gardener insurance would cost you and your business, get a quote from Thimble.
How quickly will I get a Certificate of Insurance?
Instantly. We’ve digitized the entire experience so that you’ll receive a certificate of insurance in your inbox immediately after purchasing a policy with Thimble.
You can also add and modify your Additional Insureds as many times as you’d like directly from the Thimble App.
Landscaping insurance protects your business from lawsuits, if you or your property accidentally hurts a third party or damages their property.
- Lawn & Yard Maintenance
- Pesticide Application (Landscapers Only)
- Trimming or Pruning Trees Exclusively at Ground Level (No Removals)
- Chimney Cleaning
- Concrete Construction
- Plumbing (other than a leaky faucet or toilet)
- Snow / Ice Removal
- Aerial Crop Spraying
- Bedbug Remediation
- Fumigation / Use of Gas
- Grading or Excavating
- Importing, manufacturing, growing distributing, storing, selling, using, or ingesting marijuana or any product of the plant Cannabis Sativa L. (whether or not it is the main ingredient or used in combination with other ingredients)
- Highway or Right of Way Maintenance
- Pool Construction
- Termite Inspection or Remediation
- Use of pesticides that are not EPA approved
- Performing Work over Three Stories in Height (30 Feet)
- Work performed before or after the policy period
What's Not Covered by Your Policy
- Activities Involving Firearms
- Performing Work over Three Stories in Height (30 feet)
- Work on 10 or More New Homes or New Residential Units in Any One Project or Development
- See full policy for details