The Thimble Affiliate Program
Designed for the gig economy, the short-term coverage Thimble offers is completely unique: workers can get insured for an hour, a day, a week, and all the way up to a year. Thimble insures 160+ professions, and all policies are underwritten by Markel Insurance group.
Sign up for Thimble’s Affiliate Program and start referring your audience today.
Each Referral that results in a first-time registered user will result in referral fees to you.
Already have an account? Sign In.
Ways to Refer Your Audience
Thimble can set up a landing page for you to share with your audience. Any activity that results in a first-time registered user will generate referral fees to you
The Thimble Broker Portal provides you with referral links to the Thimble App and website. Sending these links to your customers will track when they create an account, purchase, extend, cancel, or modify a policy.
All of these actions will be displayed in your referrals table in the portal. As a broker, you will be paid a 10% commission for your customers’ purchases. Commissions are paid monthly.
- What is the Thimble Broker Program? Our Broker Portal makes it easy for top brokers and agents to partner with us and offer our insurance coverage to clients.
Through this portal, agents can track clients across time, and attribution is assigned to the agent through a unique link delivered via email or phone. Commissions are processed automatically: we pay a 10% commission on the policy value for anyone referred, across all purchases. And you receive a commission on every policy the client buys from us in the future, not just the first purchase!
Please note: you must be a licensed property & casualty broker in order for Thimble to process commission payments.
Check out our Broker Portal to see what Thimble can do for your insurance agency.
- What customers can I sell Thimble coverage to? Thimble offers a unique short-term insurance product built for small business owners and independent contractors. Coverage can be purchased by the hour, day, or month, making it a perfect fit for clients seeking the flexibility and freedom to work on their own schedules.
Thimble covers over 160 jobs. See a full list of included activities here.
- Are Thimble broker sales covered by an errors & omissions policy? Policies are covered by Thimble’s errors & omissions insurance, but broker program participants are required to carry $1M in cyber liability and E&O coverage as a precaution.
- Who is the broker of record on Thimble policies? Thimble is the broker of record on all policies.
- Can I see an example Certificate of Insurance and policy? Yes, you can see examples of policies by state in your Broker Portal at broker.thimble.com.
- How does payment for referrals work? As an insurance agent or broker, you will receive a 10% commission of every policy purchase made with your referral link. And, through the end of 2019, you’ll also receive a $50 cash bonus for every single sale (you’ll be paid when the policy incepts).
On the 10th of the month or once you reach $50 of commission (whichever comes later), you will be paid out for commission earned in the previous month (or months, if you just reached the $50 threshold). The money will be deposited directly into your linked account.