Flexible risk protection Starting at just $5 What's Covered
by the hour, day, or month.
As a pet sitter, your schedule depends on your clients' needs— so flexibility is your business's bread and butter.
Thimble's instant coverage means you can be ready to tackle any job at a moment's notice.
Insurance designed for small business
- Why do I need a pet sitter insurance policy? Whether you are a dog walker, pet sitter, or groomer, accommodating your clients' needs (and schedules!) is part of the job. You need insurance coverage that's there just when you need it, whether that's five minutes before a last-minute booking or months in advance.
The General Liability insurance arranged by Thimble is designed to respond to incidents involving bodily injury and property damage. For example:
While you are outside walking a client’s dog, a neighbor approaches and tries to pet him. The dog becomes aggressive and bites the neighbor.
You are taking the leash of a client’s dog when the client’s expensive bracelet becomes caught on the dog’s collar and snaps. Woof.
- Who is covered under the pet sitter insurance policy? Small business insurance from Thimble is customized to meet the needs of pet service professionals like you. We cover the following professions and activities:
- How much does small business insurance for pet sitters cost? Our premium pricing is determined based on the length of your coverage, whether for an hour, a day, a month, or longer. This flexibility allows you to purchase coverage exactly when and for how long you need it, making it the most affordable option on the market for on-demand small business insurance.
Our rates start at $5/hour, $7/day, and $10/month with $0 deductible for a $1 million policy.
Pet insurance protects your business from lawsuits, if you or your property accidently hurts a third party or damages their property.
- Pet Grooming
- Pet Sitting
- Pet Training
- Pet Walking
What's Not Covered by Your Policy
- Activities Involving Firearms
- Performing Work over Three Stories in Height (30 feet)
- Work on 10 or More New Homes or New Residential Units in Any One Project or Development
- These excluded activities
- See full policy for details