Flexible risk protection Starting at just $5 What's Covered
by the hour, day, or month.
As a gardener, your schedule depends on your clients' needs— so flexibility is your business's bread and butter.
Thimble's instant coverage means you can be ready to tackle any job at a moment's notice.
Insurance designed for small business
- Why do I need a gardener insurance policy? A a gardener, accommodating your clients' needs (and schedules!) is part of the job. You need insurance coverage that's there just when you need it, whether that's five minutes before a last-minute booking or months in advance.
The General Liability insurance arranged by Thimble is designed to respond to incidents involving bodily injury and property damage. For example:
You are remulching a client’s front garden and leave a bag of mulch in the front walkway. As the client is leaving, they stumble over the bag and sprain their ankle.
While working at a client’s home, the ladder you are using to install window boxes above the driveway falls onto their car and cracks the windshield.
- How much does small business insurance for gardeners cost? Our premium pricing is determined based on the length of your coverage, whether for an hour, a day, a month, or longer. This flexibility allows you to purchase coverage exactly when and for how long you need it, making it the most affordable option on the market for on-demand small business insurance.
Our rates start at $5/hour, $10/day, and $29/month with $0 deductible for a $1 million policy.
Landscaping insurance protects your business from lawsuits, if you or your property accidently hurts a third party or damages their property.
- Lawn & Yard Maintenance
- Pesticide Application (Landscapers Only)
- Trimming or Pruning Trees Exclusively at Ground Level (No Removals)
- Chimney Cleaning
- Concrete Construction
- Plumbing (other than a leaky faucet or toilet)
- Snow / Ice Removal
- Aerial Crop Spraying
- Bedbug Remediation
- Fumigation / Use of Gas
- Grading or Excavating
- Importing, manufacturing, growing distributing, storing, selling, using, or ingesting marijuana or any product of the plant Cannabis Sativa L. (whether or not it is the main ingredient or used in combination with other ingredients)
- Highway or Right of Way Maintenance
- Pool Construction
- Termite Inspection or Remediation
- Use of pesticides that are not EPA approved
- Performing Work over Three Stories in Height (30 Feet)
- Work performed before or after the policy period
What's Not Covered by Your Policy
- Activities Involving Firearms
- Performing Work over Three Stories in Height (30 feet)
- Work on 10 or More New Homes or New Residential Units in Any One Project or Development
- These excluded activities
- See full policy for details