A good freelancer project management app must tick a few important boxes.
- User-friendliness: For one, it needs to be user-friendly. If it’s too hard to use, too glitchy, or just not your cup of tea, you’re probably not going to use it for long.
- Project management: The best project management apps for freelancers will allow you to create project boards, easily add tasks, get notifications, provide status updates, and organize communication threads. When deciding between different options, make sure the interface and layout match your business needs as well as your personal preferences.
- Easy collaboration: Freelancers usually need to collaborate virtually with clients, teams, and other freelancers. Make sure the app you choose has handy communication features like group chats, private messaging, commenting on tasks, centralized workspaces, and emojis (if you’re an emoji power user like us 👍).
- Integrations: Freelancers tend to use a lot of different apps to get stuff done. The best freelance project management apps enable you to integrate other apps and programs you use like Google Drive, Zoom, Slack, and others.
- Additional features: Each app has its own unique features. Be sure to explore each app’s unique advantages. As you’ll see below, some project management apps cater to specific types of freelancers.
The good news is there is no shortage of options when it comes to freelancer project management apps. The bad news is that it can be hard to choose one! But we’re here to help you out.
Tip: Most project management apps have free versions so you can try them out risk-free before investing in one.