Thimble's instant coverage means you can be ready to tackle any job at a moment's notice.
Landscaper’s Insurance - Simplified.
Why do I need a landscaper insurance policy?
A a landscaper, accommodating your clients’ needs (and schedules!) is part of the job. You need insurance coverage that’s there just when you need it, whether that’s five minutes before a last-minute booking or months in advance.
The General Liability insurance arranged by Thimble is designed to respond to incidents involving bodily injury and property damage. For example:
You are using a leaf blower to clear a client’s backyard. While you gather the leaves into bags, you set the leaf blower down. As the client is leaving their home, they trip over the blower and are injured.
While mowing a client’s lawn, your mower throws a rock and shatters your client’s window. Not good.
How much does small business insurance for lawn care professionals cost?
General Liability insurance policies for landscapers start at $5/hour with $1 million in coverage and $0 deductible.
Add as many Additional Insureds as you’d like for free.
Our affordable liability insurance policies for landscapers are possible because they are based on the length of your coverage, whether for an hour, a day, a month, or longer. This flexibility allows you to purchase coverage exactly when and for how long you need it, making it one of the most affordable options on the market for on-demand landscaper insurance.
How quickly will I get a Certificate of Insurance?
Instantly. We’ve digitized the entire experience so that you’ll receive a certificate of insurance in your inbox immediately after purchasing a policy with Thimble.
You can also add and modify your Additional Insureds as many times as you’d like directly from the Thimble App.
Are my tools and equipment covered?
No, the landscaping insurance policy does not cover damage to your own tools or equipment. Check out our friends at Insure My Equipment for commercial and personal property insurance.
Landscaping insurance protects your business from lawsuits, if you or your property accidentally hurts a third party or damages their property.
- Lawn & Yard Maintenance
- Pesticide Application (Landscapers Only)
- Trimming or Pruning Trees Exclusively at Ground Level (No Removals)
- Chimney Cleaning
- Concrete Construction
- Plumbing (other than a leaky faucet or toilet)
- Snow / Ice Removal
- Aerial Crop Spraying
- Bedbug Remediation
- Fumigation / Use of Gas
- Grading or Excavating
- Importing, manufacturing, growing distributing, storing, selling, using, or ingesting marijuana or any product of the plant Cannabis Sativa L. (whether or not it is the main ingredient or used in combination with other ingredients)
- Highway or Right of Way Maintenance
- Pool Construction
- Termite Inspection or Remediation
- Use of pesticides that are not EPA approved
- Performing Work over Three Stories in Height (30 Feet)
- Work performed before or after the policy period
What's Not Covered by Your Policy
- Activities Involving Firearms
- Performing Work over Three Stories in Height (30 feet)
- Work on 10 or More New Homes or New Residential Units in Any One Project or Development
- See full policy for details