With Thimble, get a policy in seconds so you can take on whatever’s next.
Event Planner Insurance — Simplified.
Why do I need an event planner insurance policy?
As an event planner, you’re always hustling to the next gig. You need insurance coverage that’s there just when you need it, whether that’s five minutes before a last-minute show or months before an important event.
The General Liability insurance arranged by Thimble is designed to respond to incidents involving bodily injury and property damage. For example:
At a media event, your client trips over a microphone cord and injures himself.
You are arranging the centerpieces for a wedding reception that you have planned. While setting up the floral arrangement at the bride and groom’s table, you knock over the wedding cake that has been set there for the reception.
How much does small business insurance for event planners cost?
General Liability insurance policies for event planners start at $5/hour with $1 million in coverage and $0 deductible.
Add as many Additional Insureds as you’d like for free.
Our affordable liability insurance policies for event planners are possible because they are based on the length of your coverage, whether for an hour, a day, a month, or longer. This flexibility allows you to purchase coverage exactly when and for how long you need it, making it one of the most affordable options on the market for on-demand event planner insurance.
How quickly will I get a Certificate of Insurance?
Instantly. We’ve digitized the entire experience so that you’ll receive a certificate of insurance in your inbox immediately after purchasing a policy with Thimble.
You can also add and modify your Additional Insureds as many times as you’d like directly from the Thimble App.
Events & Entertainment insurance protects your business from lawsuits, if you or your property accidentally hurts a third party or damages their property.
- Corporate Party Planners
- Event Staff
- Food / Catering (No Bartending)
- Individual event participants (not the event itself)
- Wedding Planners
- Balloon Artists
- Belly Dancers
- Caricature Artists
- Celebrity Look-a-Likes
- Face Painters
- Musical Conductors
- Street Performers
- Canoe & Kayak Guides / Instructors
- Fishing Guides
- Float Trip Guides
- Hiking Guides
- Tour Guides
- Nature and Wildlife Guides
- Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP) Guides
- Acrobatic, Aerialist, or Stunt Performers
- Adult Film Operations
- Amusement Device, Rides or Inflatables (including Bouncy Castles) Operators or Rental
- ATV Tours
- Equipment Rental
- Event Promoters
- Exotic Dancers, Strippers, or Adult Entertainment
- Horseback Trail Rides
- Hunt Clubs
- Importing, manufacturing, growing, distributing, storing, selling, using, or ingesting marijuana or any other product of the plant Cannabis Sativa L. (whether or not it is the main ingredient or used in combination with other ingredients)
- Importing, manufacturing, growing, distributing, storing, selling, using, or ingesting tobacco or products containing tobacco
- Operations Involving Non-Domestic Animals
- Operations Involving Weapons
- Participating in Protests, Rallies and/or Marches
- Rock Climbing
- Security Guards
- Skiing or Snowboarding Guides
- Traffic Control
- White Water Rafting Guides
- Wrestling or MMA-related activities
What's Not Covered by Your Policy
- Activities Involving Firearms
- Performing Work over Three Stories in Height (30 feet)
- Work on 10 or More New Homes or New Residential Units in Any One Project or Development
- See full policy for details