Flexible risk protection Starting at just $5 What's Covered
by the hour, day, or month.
As a dog walker, your schedule depends on your clients' needs— so flexibility is your business's bread and butter.
Thimble's instant coverage means you can be ready to tackle any job at a moment's notice.
64% of dog walkers purchase coverage 1 hour before their job
"My company is just me at the moment, but Thimble makes it easy to add crew members or Additional Insureds. Essentially, the coverage can grow with my business." Jon B., Dog Walker
Insurance designed for small business
- Why do I need a dog walker insurance policy? As a dog walker, accommodating your clients' needs (and schedules!) is part of the job. You need insurance coverage that's there just when you need it, whether that's five minutes before a last-minute booking or months in advance.
The General Liability insurance arranged by Thimble is designed to respond to incidents involving bodily injury and property damage. For example:
While you are outside walking a client’s dog, a neighbor approaches and tries to pet him. The dog becomes aggressive and bites the neighbor, who has to get stitches.
While entering a client’s home after a walk with their dog, the leash gets tangled around an expensive floor lamp and knocks it over. The client asks that you reimburse them for the damage.
- How much does small business insurance for dog walkers cost? Our premium pricing is determined based on the length of your coverage, whether for an hour, a day, a month, or longer. This flexibility allows you to purchase coverage exactly when and for how long you need it, making it the most affordable option on the market for on-demand small business insurance.
Our rates start at $5/hour, $7/day, and $10/month with $0 deductible for a $1 million policy.
Pet insurance protects your business from lawsuits, if you or your property accidently hurts a third party or damages their property.
- Pet Grooming
- Pet Sitting
- Pet Training
- Pet Walking
What's Not Covered by Your Policy
- Activities Involving Firearms
- Performing Work over Three Stories in Height (30 feet)
- Work on 10 or More New Homes or New Residential Units in Any One Project or Development
- These excluded activities
- See full policy for details