Landscaper’s insurance, simplified.
Why do I need a landscaper insurance policy?
A a landscaper, accommodating your clients’ needs (and schedules!) is part of the job. You need insurance coverage that’s there just when you need it, whether that’s five minutes before a last-minute booking or months in advance.
The General Liability insurance arranged by Thimble is designed to respond to incidents involving bodily injury and property damage. For example:
You are using a leaf blower to clear a client’s backyard. While you gather the leaves into bags, you set the leaf blower down. As the client is leaving their home, they trip over the blower and are injured.
While mowing a client’s lawn, your mower throws a rock and shatters your client’s window. Not good.
How much does small business insurance for lawn care professionals cost?
The cost of your Lawn Care Insurance Policy depends on a few factors. Things like your zip code, your coverage limit, the size of your team, and the length of your coverage all play a factor in determining the risk that comes with insuring your lawn care business.
With Thimble, you don’t have to commit to long, expensive policies, though. You can access flexible lawn care insurance through the Thimble app and customize your coverage down to the month, day, or hour. Plus, if you need to add Additional Insureds, you can tack them on to your coverage with Thimble at no extra cost.
To get an accurate idea of how much lawn care insurance would cost you and your business, get a quote from Thimble.
How quickly will I get a Certificate of Insurance?
Instantly. We’ve digitized the entire experience so that you’ll receive a certificate of insurance in your inbox immediately after purchasing a policy with Thimble.
You can also add and modify your Additional Insureds as many times as you’d like directly from the Thimble App.
Are my tools and equipment covered?
No, the landscaping insurance policy does not cover damage to your own tools or equipment. Check out our friends at Insure My Equipment for commercial and personal property insurance.
Landscaping insurance protects your business from lawsuits, if you or your property accidentally hurts a third party or damages their property.
- Lawn & Yard Maintenance
- Pesticide Application (Landscapers Only)
- Trimming or Pruning Trees Exclusively at Ground Level (No Removals)
- Chimney Cleaning
- Concrete Construction
- Plumbing (other than a leaky faucet or toilet)
- Snow / Ice Removal
- Aerial Crop Spraying
- Bedbug Remediation
- Fumigation / Use of Gas
- Grading or Excavating
- Importing, manufacturing, growing distributing, storing, selling, using, or ingesting marijuana or any product of the plant Cannabis Sativa L. (whether or not it is the main ingredient or used in combination with other ingredients)
- Highway or Right of Way Maintenance
- Pool Construction
- Termite Inspection or Remediation
- Use of pesticides that are not EPA approved
- Performing Work over Three Stories in Height (30 Feet)
- Work performed before or after the policy period
What's Not Covered by Your Policy
- Activities Involving Firearms
- Performing Work over Three Stories in Height (30 feet)
- Work on 10 or More New Homes or New Residential Units in Any One Project or Development
- See full policy for details