Markel agents, meet on-demand business insurance.
Already have an account? Sign In.
Limited Time Offer:
For each new customer plus 10% commission in perpetuity
*Extends to all approved brokers for all new customers who buy a policy for the first time through the end of 2019. Subject to terms and conditions of the Thimble Broker Program.
How It Works
1. Once you sign up for our Broker Program, we will give you a unique Broker ID. This ID will allow you to send your clients to our website or app, where you will be credited for every purchase!
Thimble also allows you to embed our purchase widget onto your own website, so your customers can purchase on-demand insurance through your site.
2. Customer events like quoting, purchasing, extending, and more will be tracked and credited to your account. You can log in to your Broker Portal anytime to see your customers interaction.
3. That’s it! You will get a commission for each and every policy they purchase with Thimble. Commissions for purchases are paid once a month.
The Thimble Broker Portal provides you with referral links to the Thimble App and website. Sending these links to your customers will track when they create an account, purchase, extend, cancel, or modify a policy.
All of these actions will be displayed in your referrals table in the portal. As a broker, you will be paid a 10% commission for your customers’ purchases. Commissions are paid monthly.
Custom Referral Links
These link allows your customers to quote and purchase General Liability Insurance instantly from their computer or phone, and receive an instant Certificate of Insurance. Thimble also allows you to embed our purchase widget directly to your own website, which you can learn about here.
- What is the Thimble Broker Program? Our Broker Portal makes it easy for top brokers and agents to partner with us and offer our insurance coverage to clients.
Through this portal, agents can track clients across time, and attribution is assigned to the agent through a unique link delivered via email or phone. Commissions are processed automatically: we pay a 10% commission on the policy value for anyone referred, across all purchases. And you receive a commission on every policy the client buys from us in the future, not just the first purchase!
Please note: you must be a licensed property & casualty broker in order for Thimble to process commission payments.
Check out our Broker Portal to see what Thimble can do for your insurance agency.
- What customers can I sell Thimble coverage to? Thimble offers a unique short-term insurance product built for small business owners and independent contractors. Coverage can be purchased by the hour, day, or month, making it a perfect fit for clients seeking the flexibility and freedom to work on their own schedules.
Thimble covers over 160 jobs. See a full list of included activities here.
- Are Thimble broker sales covered by an errors & omissions policy? Policies are covered by Thimble’s errors & omissions insurance, but broker program participants are required to carry $1M in cyber liability and E&O coverage as a precaution.
- How is the coverage arranged by Thimble different from Markel’s General Liability offering? In contrast to Markel’s annual General Liability policies, the General Liability insurance arranged by Thimble is available on demand, with policies starting from an hour up to several months. By joining the Thimble Broker Program, agents are able to price short-term risks and offer their customers access to a new product.
- Who is the broker of record on Thimble policies? Thimble is the broker of record on all policies.
- Can I see an example Certificate of Insurance and policy? Yes, you can see examples of policies by state in your Broker Portal at broker.thimble.com.
- How does payment for referrals work? As an insurance agent or broker, you will receive a 10% commission of every policy purchase made with your referral link. And, through the end of 2019, you’ll also receive a $50 cash bonus for every single sale (you’ll be paid when the policy incepts).
On the 10th of the month or once you reach $50 of commission (whichever comes later), you will be paid out for commission earned in the previous month (or months, if you just reached the $50 threshold). The money will be deposited directly into your linked account.
Thimble insured more than 160 professions, all policies underwritten by Markel Insurance Group..
- Hair Stylists
- Nail Artists
- Salon Owners
- Spa Owners
Cleaners & Janitors Insurance
- Car / Boat / Vehicle Washing or Detailing
- Janitorial Services including Carpet and Window Cleaning
- Office Cleaning
- Pressure Washing
Consultants & Freelancers Insurance
- AV Installation
- Business Consultants
- Car AV Installation
- Classroom Instruction
- Computer Programming
- Computer Repair
- Creative Directors
- Financial Consultants
- Graphic Designers
- House Sitting
- Interior Decorating
- IT Consultants
- Marketing Consultants
- Personal Shoppers
- Photography & Videography
- Sound Recordists
- Web Developers
Contractors & Handyman Insurance
- AV Installation
- Alarm Systems Installation & Repair
- Carpentry - Interior
- Carpet Cleaners
- Closet Installation
- Debris Removal
- Deck Building
- Fence Building
- Finish Carpentry
- Finishing Contractors
- Furniture Assembly (No Cribs or Bunk Beds)
- Furniture Installation - Office
- Furniture Refinishing
- Gutter Cleaning
- Interior Painting
- Invisible Fence Installation
- Office Machine Installation and Repair
- Painting & Siding
- Piano Tuning
- Seal Coating
- Small Contractors including Finishing Contractors
- Smart Home Installation
- Surveillance System Installation & Maintenance
- Swimming Pool Servicing (no construction)
- Window Cleaning
- Window Decorating
Events & Entertainment Insurance
- Corporate Party Planners
- Event Staff
- Food / Catering (No Bartending)
- Individual event participants (not the event itself)
- Wedding Planners
- Balloon Artists
- Belly Dancers
- Caricature Artists
- Celebrity Look-a-Likes
- Face Painters
- Musical Conductors
- Street Performers
- Canoe & Kayak Guides / Instructors
- Fishing Guides
- Float Trip Guides
- Hiking Guides
- Tour Guides
- Nature and Wildlife Guides
- Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP) Guides
- Aerobics Instructors
- Dance Instructors
- Fitness Instructors
- Golf Instructors
- Martial Arts Instructors
- Personal Trainers
- Spin Instructors
- Swim Instructors
- Tai Chi Instructors
- Yoga Instructors
- Lawn & Yard Maintenance
- Pesticide Application (Landscapers Only)
- Trimming or Pruning Trees Exclusively at Ground Level (No Removals)
- Pet Grooming
- Pet Sitting
- Pet Training
- Pet Walking
- Appliance Installation
- Chimney Cleaning
- Concrete Construction
- Exterior Painting
- Floor Waxing
- Plumbing (other than a leaky faucet or toilet)
- Snow / Ice Removal
- Sign Installation