Get Commercial Property Insurance in Minutes

Bundled with your general liability in
a Business Owners Policy.

Cancel anytime.*


Commercial Property

General Liability

Business Interruption

Best Small Business Insurance

Gray Money Logo

4.8 Stars

Gray Stars

Trusted by


Featured in

Gray Tech Crunch
Gray Forbes
Gray Business Insider
Gray WSJ

Thimble makes commercial property insurance affordable.

4.8 / 5 Stars

  • Bundled with general liability in a BOP policy
  • Business interruption coverage included
  • Pay monthly or yearly
  • Add hired and non-owned auto insurance (if eligible) 
  • Add equipment breakdown coverage (if eligible)
  • Unlimited ACORD 25 Certificates of Insurance

What is commercial property insurance?

Commercial property insurance covers a business’s first-party property from situations like a fire, vandalism, or theft. It is essential for any businesses with a physical location, like a store, office, workshop, or studio.

Even assets like your accounts receivable can be protected by commercial property coverage.

What’s covered by commercial property insurance?

Commercial property insurance has two main coverage areas:

Business Building Coverage*:
It’s insurance for your four walls and the roof over your head! This Covers damage or destruction to the physical location. It protects the building’s structure (the walls around your stuff) from a variety of accidents, such as a fire or a rock thrown through a window.

Business Personal Property:
Property you own and use for business that’s located in, on, or within 100 feet of the business premises listed on your policy. That “property” can be anything from large equipment and inventory down to the paper clips.

*Heads up: Every business is unique, so certain types of business premises aren’t eligible for Business Building coverage from Thimble. It’s always best to get a quote to see what your options are.

How do I get commercial property insurance?

Get a Business Owners Policy just by answering a few simple questions online, like:

  • What do you do?
  • Where do you work?
  • How big is your team (crew)?
  • How long do you need coverage for?

Commercial property insurance from Thimble is bundled with general liability, another small business essential, and business interruption coverage in what’s known as a Business Owners Policy (or BOP).

  • Pay monthly or yearly
  • Get business interruption coverage (included)
  • Add hired and non-owned auto insurance (if eligible) 
  • Add equipment breakdown coverage (if eligible)
  • Get unlimited ACORD 25 Certificates of Insurance
  • Request policy changes or cancel online in minutes

The information provided herein is not intended to be exhaustive, nor should it be construed as advice regarding coverage. Eligibility for coverage is not guaranteed and all coverages are limited to the Terms and Conditions contained in the applicable policy. Read the full Privacy Policy here.